- Chitina Ranger Station – for history buffs. Located in the old Edward S. Orr stagecoach building, an historical landmark. There are also maps of trails for hiking and general info about Wrangell-St. Elias Park and Preserve.
- Spirit Mountain Art Works – an art gallery full of originals hung in a national historical building right next to the hotel!
- The Emporium – a tea house, herb shop, hand-made baskets, and other items in an old rustic building setting. (It was originally O.A Nelson’s drug store.)
- Uncle Tom’s Tavern, Inc. – spirits (the drinking kind) and antiques
- Chitina One Stop – get your gas and fishing info here
- Drive or take a tour van to Kennicott and McCarthy stopping at the spectacular Kuskulana Bridge and the Gilahina Trestle with Wrangell St. Elias Tours or Kennicott Shuttle.
- Fly from the Chitina airport via small plane sightseeing through Wrangell-St. Elias National Park or to a glacier trek with Wrangell Mountain Air.
- Charter a boat for a ride on the Copper River.
- Rent 4-wheelers with a guide for some “wheel” adventure.